I was really happy to create this presentation on digital
citizenship. As time passes, the more we (should) use technology in the
classroom. But with using technology at school comes risks if we don’t talk to
our students about how to be responsible online. I think it’s really important
to go over safety online before students really even get a hold of a computer.
It is our jobs as teachers, if we expect them to use online resources, to know
how to safely navigate the internet. Commonsense Media has an unbelievable site
to help guide teachers of what age appropriate information students should
know. http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/scope-and-sequence
I found through a website called Technology with Intention
that students should really value what they put online. But not just students…
adults too! I sometimes forget I am leaving a digital footprint and should be
rereading my work before sending it for all to view. I didn’t realize until
watching the video in EDU 533 that our digital footprint starts long before we
think.
No comments:
Post a Comment