Technology has set my life on fast forward ||> . Even though I grew up at pretty much at the boom of technology, and I should be fine with the most defining feature of my generation but mostly I feel overwhelmed. I would like to say that I feel this way only in my personal life, not in my professional life. Being constantly connected socially makes me feel unsettled. I feel like I have to keep up all the time with what's going on. However, professionally, I can't get enough of upcoming technology for my classroom. Technology bridges the age (and maturity) gap between my students and I.
Currently, I am using iPads and iPad apps everyday at work. Special education works a lot with reward systems for students and before iPads a reward was a board game or coloring book. Now, I can reward a students with 2 minutes on their favorite app and we can quickly go back to work so they can earn more time with the iPad.
Personally, I use my iPhone all the time. I have to train myself to leave it in my car during my workout so I can concentrate on what's really important! I do enjoy being disconnected for a little while. I probably would freak out if I didn't have it for more than a day though.
![]() |
| Source for Image |

No comments:
Post a Comment